Working Group Leader: Chris Birks
Local and National Planning Issues
- Impact on Weedon from: Area Local Plan/Local Development Framework eg. further expansion of Aylesbury, South East Plan
- Protect rural identity and individuality
General character and appearance
- Define what gives Weedon its distinctive rural character
- What do we like and dislike about the appearance of Weedon?
- How to protect and preserve the things villagers value
Open and public spaces
- Open spaces, views and sightlines – which ones define the village? How to protect and enhance?
- Village green (playground/park) and duck pond
- Other important and valued features?
- Important areas for wildlife?
Trees, Hedgerows, Verges and Footpaths
- Trees – survey to identify important individual trees/groups? Contribution to character of village – scheme of care?
Hedgerows, verges, footpaths, bridleways, stiles – condition? Accessibility and signposting. Maintenance sufficient?
- Conservation area – current boundaries, extension? Effective?
- Existing character of buildings, current patterns of development, identify valued features – protect and enhance?
- Ways to utilise and preserve architectural elements such as building materials, doors, gates, roofscapes, walls
- Balance between rural and developed environment
- Importance of preserving different and distinct parts of village?
- Availability of village housing vs. local demand and affordability
- Attitudes to any future development: infill, adjoining, replacement
- Street lighting – extent? Hours of operation?
Sustainability and Green Issues
- Current waste/recycling arrangements – new schemes for more recycling, product re-use